EMW: Nursery Key Worker
Responsible To: Nursery Manager
Salary: Negotiable dependent upon qualifications and experience
Closing Date: Friday 9 February 2017, 12noon
Start Date: ASAP, 35 hours per week flexibility required, term time only
To support and ensure a high standard of care and education is fulfilled for all the children in the Nursery.
This position will require an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
This post is complementary to that of the Nursery Manager, working in partnership to help further the aims of the Nursery. You will be required to carry out a wide variety of tasks under the direction and supervision of the Nursery Manager. The following list of duties is not exhaustive but is intended as a guide to the range of tasks you may be required to undertake.
- To be a Key Person responsible for a small group of children, carrying out all related duties.
- To support the Manager in ascertaining children’s starting points and determine strategies to reach their next steps.
- To maintain the care and well being of all children in the Nursery.
- To ensure the health and safety of all children.
- To encourage all children to meet the standards of behaviour set out in the Nursery’s policies.
- To assist with the preparation and arrangement of teaching equipment.
- To maintain records of accidents, incidents and the names of any children receiving medication.
- To attend all relevant planning and staff meetings.
- To attend courses / training sessions in order to support individual professional development and the development of the Nursery.
- To hold a current emergency / paediatric first aid certificate and to administer first aid to children as necessary.
- To familiarise and follow the Nursery’s policies.
This job profile is a guide to the principal accountabilities that you are required to undertake. There will be occasions when you will be required to undertake additional duties and responsibilities as directed by the Nursery Manager.